Here are some resources with helpful information and activities to support your child’s gross motor development:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” program provides resources on developmental milestones, including gross motor skills. The website offers information on what to expect at different ages and provides tips and activities to promote gross motor development. Visit their website at https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/milestones/index.html.
- Pathways.org: Pathways.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children reach their full potential through education and resources. They offer a range of resources and activities for parents to support gross motor development, including video demonstrations of exercises and play activities. Visit their website at https://pathways.org/.
- KidsHealth: KidsHealth is a trusted online resource for parents, offering articles and resources on various aspects of child development. They provide information on gross motor milestones and activities to support gross motor skills. Visit their website at https://kidshealth.org/.
- Your Therapy Source: Your Therapy Source is a website that offers resources and activities for parents, teachers, and therapists. They have a section specifically dedicated to gross motor activities, including printable worksheets and games. Visit their website at https://www.yourtherapysource.com/.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a popular platform where you can find a wide range of gross motor activities and ideas. Search for keywords such as “gross motor activities for kids” or “gross motor skills games” to discover a variety of creative and engaging activities shared by parents, teachers, and therapists.
- Age specific resources:
- Local resources:
If you have concerns about your child’s gross motor skills or if you need specific guidance tailored to your child’s needs, contact us today!